Monday, August 24, 2009

Long time no see, kids!!!

After a long hiatus, you'll be glad to know my life is back in order.


Woot.

First things first:

Everyone will start off with 50 points this time.  Use them wisely.  Think before you read, people.  You only have 50 points... (To those who are new to my blog...I use a points system.  It's sort of an interactive way to get you to read the whole thing.  Yeah...I know...I'm lame.  BACK OFF!)

Example: ( - 10 points if you've never seen Gremlins.) < Just an example!!!

Now, back to me... : )

I'm finding myself back on track with God, I'm dating the most stunningly beautiful girl I've ever met (I'll go on about her more than I should...just warning you.), I have an awesome computer now, I'm getting plenty of hours at work, and I'm managing my money wisely. (To some extent...)  This is what life SHOULD be like!  I literally have NO complaints about my life right now.  Do you know how many times that's happened to me?

Seriously?

Anyone want to take a guess?

Wait for it...

...

...

ZERO!!!  < There it is, folks!  There's the over-dramatic answer to my self-proposed question! ( + 10 points for getting it right.)

They say good things never last...but I have a feeling this will last.  Life never lets go...I know that.  Something will always be there to tear me apart.  That's how life works.  I just know I can get through it now.  There is no hopelessness left for me.  I'm good.

Well, if I haven't bored you to death yet...you'll be happy to know that I'm done with the part of my blog that has little-to-no entertainment value for you, the viewer.


Are ya ready, kids?
 
                    The Man
I'm sure you all miss Dr. Mays as badly as I do.  He showed me how to do...well...everything.  To honor his large influence in my life, I've decided to go on a life-long journey.  I will buy one product that he has sold a year EVERY year until I've bought all of them.  Yes.  I'm not kidding.  I think I'll start with the original Oxy Clean this year.  That was the first time I saw our beloved Billy.  : (  He will be missed...
On to coolest movie still of the day!!!  This is Cori's favorite part!
Here it is, folks:

Eli Roth's eyes in this film are just...ridiculous!  He looks like he wants to kill Nazi's at all times.  I love it!

( + 10 points if you can name Eli Roth's fiance...)

 Relationships...

...ahhhhh

I love them.

It would be nice to copy my knowledge of relationships on a flash drive and plug it into other peoples' brains though.  Maybe I just want everyone to think like me.  : )  That'd be nice.  Of course, if I truly wanted everyone to think like me, something would go wrong and THIS would probably happen:


I don't claim to know everything...just more than the average kid my age. (20 is still "kid" status, right?)  I haven't just been in relationships.  No.  I've studied couples, read up on how different people perceive love as different things, and really gotten a sense of what attracts a person to another person.
 
( + 15 points if you've seen Hitch)

Maybe this massive turn of events in my life has driven me to become slightly more chipper than I need to be, but I find it hard to look back now.  I'm with Shelby now.  She is the best.  I don't just say that because we're dating either.  I really mean it.  She's all the little things I've been looking for.  She's that girl who can answer my questions when I'm only halfway through asking them.  She loves me for who I am and I return that love.  It's not that complicated, people!

What I'm saying is...you know those lists that we used to make ourselves about who we wanted to be with later in life?  (Maybe I'm the only GUY who did that...) Regardless, those lists need to be thrown out!  Forget them entirely!  No amount of pros or cons can really give you a solid "yes" or "no".  You'll end up with a fairly weak argument for or against the guy or girl in your given situation.  Love is simple.  It's the only certainty we have.

That's it for now, kids.

I'll leave you with an old favorite.

Caption of the week.

For you noobs out there, this is pretty self-explanatory.  I give you a picture...and you caption it.  Make it funny, smart...I don't care.  I'll choose the best one and whoever wins will personally receive a gift from me.  It could be chocolate.  It could be a trip to Jamaica.  I don't know.  I sort of play it by ear.  I'll be doing this less frequently than I used to...mainly because it'd be nice to get more responses.  I'm begging you...somebody out there PLEASE BE FUNNY!!!


..and here...we...go!
















Good luck, kids.

I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.  If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them back at my Facebook.  

Goodnight, children.
- Jacob Smith

No comments: